Portuguese Banks are legally required to request full documentation proving that the borrower can afford the mortgage repayments, and therefore you will be required to submit a significant number of supporting documents. Please see below for a summary of what will be required. A detailed list will be compiled based on your situation and sent to you with your personalized quotation.
Documents required for a loan analysis
Employed by others
• Pay slips of the last 3 months and/or proof of other income received on a regular basis;
• Employers letter with current salary, type of employment, bonus entitlement, job title and seniority;
• Bank statements of the last 6 months (Main Account);
• Liabilities statements (e.g. Mortgages, Personal Loans, Credit Cards and other Loans);
• Latest Income Tax Return and evidence of payment;
• Experian credit check (where available) or statement from another legally certified provider.
• Balance sheet and income statements for the past two years and/or corporate income tax statements for the previous two years with evidence of payment;
• Accountants certificate;
• Statement of Assets and Liabilities (where applicable).
Your licensed Real Estate agent will help you find the right home financing bank.