Who may apply?
The Golden Visa scheme is particularly attractive to non-EU citizens, providing opportunities for investors to fast track to a fully valid residency permit in Portugal and consequently obtain free access to the vast majority of European countries (Schengen area).
Aimed at attracting foreign investments to Portugal, the Golden Visa is a very straightforward and flexible program, with simple and clear legal requirements. With extremely reduced minimum stay requirements, the Golden Visa is clearly one of the most attractive residency programs for investors in the world.
The Golden Visa scheme has been an unqualified success and proof of that success is demonstrated by the increasing number of investors seeking to take advantage of this scheme by coming to Portugal.
Advantages and Benefits of the Portuguese Golden Visa
- Straightforward and flexible investment requirements.
- Extremely low minimum stay requirements - 7 days first year and 14 days following periods of 2 years.
- Fully extensible to family members (No further investment requirements).
- Freedom to travel to all European countries of the members of the Schengen area.
- Possibility of Permanent Residency after 5 years and nationality after 6 years.
- No limitations on ownership of the selected investment.
- No limitation on subsequent investments or employment opportunities.
- Very limited number of documents required.
- Residency applications quickly processed.
- Access to all Portuguese Public Services, including health and education.
General Requirements for All Investments
- Investment maintained for a minimum period of 5 years.
- Funds for investment should come from abroad.
- Residency application only approved after investment.
- Entry in Portugal with a valid Schengen visa.
- Absence of flags in Portuguese Immigration and Schengen services.
- Absence of conviction of relevant crime.